Shirley W. Dong
Rotating Managing Partner/Patent Attorney
Patent Prosecution, Patent Draft, Patent Invalidation, IP Transaction and Due Diligence, IP Strategy Consultancy, IP Litigation
Biomedical engineering, Pharmaceutical, Chemical engineering and technology, Material science, Semiconductor science
Ms. Dong graduated from Shenyang Pharmaceutical University in 2003, majoring in pharmacy. She obtained her Master&aposs Degree in biomedical engineering from Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College in 2007.
After graduation from Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College, Ms. Dong joined Kangxin. Since 2007, Ms. Dong has provided many effective IP strategies for many clients and has successfully handled a large number of patent applications and IP disputes involving patent infringements and patent invalidation for both foreign and domestic clients.
Ms. Dong has also been an active speaker in various conferences and seminars at home and abroad, sharing her knowledge and experience of patent practice in China with audiences from all over the world. As an IP trainer, Ms. Dong was invited by many enterprises to spread IP knowledge and develop IP strategy.
Education and experience
- 2007 Joined Kangxin Partners, P.C..
- 2009 Completed training on U.S. Patent Law at Scully Scott Murphy & Presser in New York.
- 2010 Invited to train for Gree Electric Appliances, Inc on “What is patent, and how to draft a patent application”.
- 2011 Invited to train for Angel Yeast Co., Ltd on “What is patentable in your work”.
- 2012 invited to train at Ylingli Solar Group on “What is patentable in China”.
- 2012Iinvited to train at ShenHua Group on “what is good IP strategy”.
- 2012 Participated in an IP strategy program organized by Shanghai Research Institute of Petrochemical Technology.
- 2012 Invited to train at Tianjin Intellectual Property Office on “How to draft a chemical patent application”.
- 2012 Invited to lecture at China Intellectual Property Society on “Patent portfolio and strategy”.
- 2012 Attended the “Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training” held by the HP Quality Management College.
- 2013 Invited to lecture at 6th Annual World Protein and Peptide Conference (PepCon-2013)
Honors and awards
- 2022 Recognized as Recommended Lawyer by Legal 500
- 2022 Recognized as The World&aposs Leading Patent Professtionals by IAM Patent 1000
- 2020 recognized as Leading Talent for Beijing Intellectual Property Service by Capital Intellectual Property Service Association